Friday, November 4, 2011

November: books published this year, part one

My own personal feeling about reading is that if you read only what's hot, current or on the NYT bestseller list, you're missing a ton of good books by wanting to stay trendy.  But having just made that statement, there are also a lot of books that have been published this year that I've been setting aside, or that haven't arrived in my mail yet because they're pre-ordered.  So I'm taking the last two months of the year to catch up on what I've missed throughout 2011 before turning the calendar to 2012.  I'm not going to make a list of possible books because

a) I never seem to want to follow the list I make because my mind wanders in different reading directions;
b)I have  way too many choices on my bookshelves
 and
c) some of the novels I'm considering are freakin' huge so I don't want to limit myself or feel like I have a timetable.

I do know that 1Q84 by Murakami, Parallel Stories, by Péter Nádas and Nanjing Requiem by Ha Jin will definitely be part of the next two months of reading, but there's no telling what else will show up.  I'm such a random reader that I never know what book I'll be picking up next -- it keeps reading interesting and fun for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't care what you say about what I write, but do be nice. Thanks!