Wednesday, November 16, 2011

about Parallel Stories, by Peter Nadas

I'm in the mood to go watch some mind-numbing television right now, to rest my poor tired brain after finally finishing Parallel Stories by Peter Nadas. I've been working on this one since November 7th, and today's the what, the 16th? That's nine, count them nine days on one book.  But was it worth it?

Yes.

I can honestly say I've never read anything quite like it.

After I've spent some time thinking about what I want to say about this book, I'll be back with a review. It won't be of great literary merit, because a) I'm not an expert on literary works and b) I tend to write for myself and I don't even think that way. However, I will definitely be providing links  to the more technical and literary-edged reviews for anyone interested after I write my own and then do a bit of research on the others.  Suffice it to say, I am going to take a well-deserved rest away from serious thinking right now; I'm probably going to numb my brain for a few days with Stephen King's new book and then The Boy in the Suitcase by Lene Kaaberbol and Agnete Friis before I tackle Eco's newest novel. 

But for now, I'm positively bleary eyed and need some junky tv!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't care what you say about what I write, but do be nice. Thanks!