Thursday, June 2, 2011

June: the TBR pile, part the second


With the summer reading schedule likely consumed by several long and shortlists -- for example, the Booker Prize longlist and for fun, this year's CWA International Dagger shortlist -- I need to get through more of the out-of-control tbr pile this month.  I've decided not to even speculate on what I'm going to read, because last month I didn't get around to most of what I thought I was going to get through so I felt a little guilty and a bit harried in my own head.  Rather than waste energy on guilt, I'm just going to go with my own flow and read whatever.  I've noticed that I can pick up a book intending to read it, read a couple of pages and decide I'm just not in that sort of mood at the moment and move on. So I'm planning to surprise even myself this month with my reading choices. Plus, life is just getting back to its regular pace around here and I'm already behind, so it's just a "whatever" kind of month. 

I am definitely kicking off my reading month with The Journey of Anders Sparrman, but from there it's a crapshoot. Be sure to check out the "what's new in the crime segments" link for the month as well, since the International Dagger is all about outstanding crime fiction from all over the world. 

time's a wastin'...so I'm off to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't care what you say about what I write, but do be nice. Thanks!