Sunday, January 2, 2011

January 2011 -- New York Review Books (NYRB)

New York Review Books

Happy new year to all -- it's time to start all over again with another year of reading.  I decided to kick off my new year by focusing my main effort this month on books with this familiar logo. If you haven't seen these books yet, you can find more information about them at the nyrb website where you can see for yourself the wide variety of books that come from this press.

Plans this month include the following (probably not in any particular order):

Rogue Male, by Geoffrey Household     
The Tenants of Moonbloom, by Edward Lewis Wallant
Stoner, by John Williams
Clandestine in Chile, by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Tun-Huang, by Yasushi Inoue
On the Yard, by Malcom Braly
The Singapore Grip, by JG Farrell
- and last but definitely not least, Summer Will Show, by Sylvia Townsend Warner

 Ambitious project, yes, but I've been collecting these (and more by NYRB) for quite a while and it's time they received my undivided attention. 

As usual, I'll be reading and reporting on other books in my neverending tbr pile, both here and over at the crime segments portion of my book journal.  January should be a good month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't care what you say about what I write, but do be nice. Thanks!